Registered Massage Therapy
Not all massage therapy is equal. At Change Your Pain Kamloops, we provide Registered Massage Therapy (RMT) services to our clients as part of our interdisciplinary approach to pain management, physical rehabilitation and overall health.
Massage as a form of therapy dates back thousands of years and is a proven method of treatment and healing for many types of injuries, ailments, and diseases. By utilizing the services of RMTs, you can be confident that highly trained professionals will oversee all of your care competently and with your overall wellness in mind.
People also asked
What is Registered Massage Therapy?
It is a professional designation provided by the College of Massage Therapists in British Columbia (CMTBC) to a health professional who has successfully completed an approved training course and registered with the CMTBC.
What are the differences with other types of massage therapy?
There are many key differences between an RMT and other massage therapists. A few differences include:
- EDUCATION AND TRAINING: Registered massage therapists complete a rigorous education program and keep their education up to date. Other massage practitioners may have differing levels of education and training.
- REGULATION: RMTs in BC are regulated by a government body, the College of Massage Therapists in British Columbia (CMTBC). Other massage therapists may have no regulation, or may be regulated in a different way.
- TREATMENT GOALS: RMT Treatment is often part of an interdisciplinary approach to pain management and physical rehabilitation. Other massage practitioners may only focus on relaxation or wellness.
Who are the Change Your Pain Kamloops’ Registered Massage Therapists?
There are 3 Registered Massage Therapists (RMT) on the Change Your Pain Kamloops team. Melissa West has been practising as an RMT since 1996 and Michael Reoch & Marcia Reoch have been practicing since 2007. You can read more about them on our Staff page!
What does treatment at Change Your Pain Kamloops include?
From evaluating your comprehensive medical history to completing a physical assessment and creating a treatment plan that sets you up for success, the RMTs and other health practitioners at Change Your Pain Kamloops work together to improve your quality of life and overall state of health and wellness.
If you have questions about how Registered Massage Therapy can help you and/or your loved ones, Contact Us.
As part of a provincially recognized health profession, RMTs provide registered massage therapy services for many reasons, including:
- FIBROMYALGIA – Massage can reduce your heart rate, relax your muscles, improve range of motion in your joints, and increase the production of your body’s natural painkillers.
- MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS – Deep tissue or myofascial release increases oxygen and circulation throughout the body. It improves range of motion and can improve fatigue and pain, leading to enhanced quality of life.
- OSTEOARTHRITIS – Reduces pain, improves function, flexibility, and mobility, improves sleep.
- RAYNAUD’S DISEASE – Registered Massage Therapy can help increase blood flow to extremities and continued treatment has been shown to reduce symptoms of Raynaud’s.
- SPORTS MASSAGE THERAPY – Beneficial both as part of a training program for warming up prior to events, post event cool downs, and as a means to assist in injury prevention and treatment.
- WHIPLASH – RMTs may help to decrease muscle spasms and pain, restore range of motion, improve muscle strength, reduce headaches, and improve overall function.
- DEPRESSION – Registered Massage Therapy can improve sleep, reduce anxiety, and help alleviate symptoms of depression.
- PRE-POST NATAL MASSAGE THERAPY.
What will my first Registered Massage Therapist appointment look like?
Your first appointment will be a private consultation at our office between you and a registered massage therapist. We will discuss your medical history, goals, treatment plan options, and how to prepare for the next step. We will answer any questions you might have about what to wear, how treatment works, what to expect, and more! At the end of your consultation, you will be able to leave confident in your knowledge of what happens next!