Interdisciplinary Health Team
Change Your Pain Kamloops provides an interdisciplinary and drug-free approach to pain management, physical rehabilitation, health, and wellness.
For years, interdisciplinary health teams have been used in healthcare with positive outcomes. In these teams, each person brings to the table individual knowledge and a specific skill set, which provides for an effective, well-rounded outcome for the client.
Change Your Pain Kamloops’s Interdisciplinary Health Team
When you come to Change Your Pain Kamloops, you will complete a comprehensive medical history, physical assessment and receive a treatment plan. We want to make sure you have a positive experience with us geared towards treating your symptoms and developing positive lifestyle changes that will last.
Benefits of Interdisciplinary Healthcare
Interdisciplinary healthcare is especially important due to the limited scope of practice in each clinical discipline. Because of this, having a team of healthcare professionals that each specializes in different areas will benefit the overall quality of life of a patient.
As such, our work as an interdisciplinary team knows what it takes to make permanent lifestyle changes to suit your individual needs. Here are just a few of the benefits of interdisciplinary healthcare.
- Many aspects of the healing process are addressed simultaneously promoting a faster recovery time.
- Promotes a patient-centred care model where the patient preferences, needs and values guide all clinical decisions
- Allows for efficient and effective communication between practitioners regarding patient treatment progress and response, treatment plan modifications, and/or possible contra-indications to treatments.
- The patient can focus on healing without the burden of ensuring practitioners have access to all the necessary patient information
Overall, interdisciplinary patient care planning is structured in a way that the patient can benefit from representatives from the entire care team. This also fosters better communication between the entire care team. It builds a strong sense of collaboration and teamwork bringing to light the overall picture of what each patient needs.
At Change Your Pain Kamloops, we have expertise in a wide range of therapeutic areas. With a team of highly trained professionals, our services include therapy, exercise therapy, return to work programs, motor vehicle accident recovery, trigger point injections, pain and stress care programs, naturopathic medicine and core stabilization therapy, and nervous system regulation.
Our other services and aspects included in our interdisciplinary healthcare are:
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Orthopedic injury rehabilitation
- Pre/post-surgical rehabilitation
- Active rehabilitation
- Individualized exercise programs
- Corporate health programs
- Fitness appraisals
- Pre/postnatal massage therapy
- Pain education seminars (Change Your Pain, Change Your Life!)
- Athletic taping courses
Regardless of your journey, we want to make sure yours with us is as positive as it can be. If we can’t help you achieve your rehab, health, and wellness goals, we will do our best to refer you to a practitioner from our expansive referral resources.
That being said, we are confident we’ll be able to help direct you on the right path toward healing. We have dedicated staff members who each have expansive backgrounds that are geared towards the improvement of overall quality of life.
Find Out More
To learn more about our services, you can read about them here. Contact us today to learn more about how we can get you on track to a better, more well-rounded lifestyle.